Life is fragile

>> Monday, June 2, 2008

family is everything


When you hear the urgency in a voice and the words "something has happened", I'm sure your heart rate speeds up, mouth becomes dry and your knees a little wobbly. That is what I experienced last night when I received a call from Utah regarding one of my loved sis-in-laws. She had fallen and bumped her head. She went to the ER thinking she needed stiches, but instead learned that she had shattered her skull. After a whirl wind surgery to remove excess blood on her brain and peices of bone. After at least 26 staples with what looks like a 15 inch scar on her head; she was told that "she was lucky".....I would say blessed!

I want her to know that I am thinking about her and she is in my prayers. I am beyond "lucky" to have J in my life. Whenever I'm in her presence, her personality gives me a rush of ambition and excitement. She is funny, stylish, educated and such a great mom. Mostly she is my family and I love her.

I'm grateful for the power of prayer and that J is living it up on pain meds, bed rest and lots of sleep. I'm acutally a little jealous! Seriously though....I love you J and glad that you are safe and sound. So J...I wish you a speedy recovery and happier days ahead, 'cause everyone knows that someone like you, is too busy to be stuck in bed!!!!




2 comments:

Keith and Crystal June 4, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

I seen your blog on Nicole's and really enjoy reading it. You have such a way with words. I am sorry about your sister in law and I am praying for her as well. I will list her on our prayer board at church.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP