Works for me Wednesday!

>> Wednesday, June 4, 2008

playdough

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a Mom by the way she handles these three things; empty sippy cups while driving, hearing "I need to go potty" in the middle of the book section at Target and finally a rainy day! In our Great Lake state, we have had nothing but rain for the past couple of days. The boys have gotten so use to exerting energy outside that being cooped up in the house has been torture (for them and for me). The screams have been extra loud, the whines extra long, and the sharing problem extra hard to handle. So what to do when the craft box has been through 20 times already and the coloring books all colored? PLAYDOUGH!
I make my own playdough and the boys absolutely LOVE to help. They love to get out their tote of cookie cutters and rolling pins and the other what nots I have thrown in the tote for them to play with. I don't have a picture of all the fun stuff they have in their tote, but be creative. A lot of the stuff they use are left over goodies from my baking drawer.
So playdough to the rescue for us today. I hope that where ever you are, that you have sunny skies and plenty of outdoor fun! We will get back outside as soon as possible!
Homemade Playdough- Completly eatible, trust me!!:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup salt
1 package of koolaid
1 cup boiling water (can add a little more if needed)
Add all dry ingredients to a bowl, pour boiling water over and stir till ball forms. Drop onto a lightly floured surface and knead till soft and plyable. I also put a placemat infront of the boys for them to play with their dough since on my wood table, the dough does leave a film.

PLAY FUN, PLAY CREATIVE!

1 comments:

Leah June 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

I'm going to try that one! I have never made my edible before. Does it stain their hands or is it sticky at all?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP