Homemade Crayons

>> Monday, June 16, 2008


I only need an excuse to get my creative juices boiling, and a birthday party was perfect! I used this opportunity to try out some homemade gifts. They turned out soo cool. At least my boys thought so. So much infact, that I had to keep some at the house for them. Heaven forbid I give all the goodies away. hahaha! I tried my hand at homemade crayons. I had seen a blog somewhere about how to make them and I was excited. I have about a million little peices of crayons. So the boys and I sat at the table and peeled the paper off the crayons. They thought this was tons of fun, but the real fun began when it was time to break up the bigger crayons into smaller peices. Then we put the little peices into the mini muffin pan. Popped them into the oven for about 10 minutes and let them cool. Once they were cool, they came right out of the pan and then TA-DA.....they were done. You guys have to try this neat craft. The boys love the crayons and really...they look so cool!

Home-made crayons:
Crayons peices with the paper peeled off
Mini muffin pan

Make sure all paper is peeled off the crayons. Break Crayons into tiny peices and put in the muffin tin. Head oven to 350 degrees. Pop tins into the oven for about 10 minutes or until completely melted. Pull tins out (be careful since wax will still be liquid) and set on counter to cool. Once cool (crayons will be set up), tip pans over and crayons should fall out. You may have to use a knife to lightly tap on the bottom of the pans till the crayons fall out. Then- Enjoy!






My favorite is the orange, purple and black. It screams Halloween!

3 comments:

Karen June 17, 2008 at 3:23 AM  

This is just simply awesome!! I'm trying it!

Leah June 17, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Zack LOVES his crayons and asked me if we could make "Spectacular Spiderman" crayons...remember those pans I got when we were in Shipshewana? That would be one big crayon!

Kirstynn Evans June 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM  

I keep meaning to ask you, and these pics reminded me, what type of camera do you use?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP