Running away

>> Monday, June 9, 2008

For months now only a very select few have known my ultimate weapon on loosing some extra weight and gaining some extra energy. I have been null about the subject and almost sneaky. I apologize to those close to me for not coming forth with the knowledge but wanted this to be "my" thing. Not to mention, I'm a Type A personality which may help explain things better. So- are you prepared for whats behind the curtain???

Since late last year, I've been running and training for a half marathon. I know, I know....the girl that complains about running, but a friend got me interested and since I dabbled in high school track, I thought I would give it a try. This friend of mine is so great. My old boss and mentor. I look up to her in all ways possible. She is far more trained than I, in that she qualified for the Boston Marathon after her first race. She can run 26.2 miles in less than 3 hours. She blows me away! She is beautiful, smart and talented in ways that I admire. I love her and thanks to her, I am more healthy and running 9 minute miles (I've got a llllooonnnggg way to go to be up to her level though)!

So- there is my secret! Does it surprise you? Now my challenge is to comment on what your big shocker secret is. I want to know. Its only fair!!! I share a slice of my privacy so share one of yours.
Thanks Cassina for being my inspiration!

2 comments:

Justine June 17, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

Tearz, I'm so proud of you!!! That's just so great, and what a secret indeed!

We'll have to run together when we see each other next (if I'm ever allowed to run again, that is...)

Kirstynn Evans June 23, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

I am amazed! Here I am bragging about my 5K, and you being all supportive, and then I read this! I am put to shame! Congrats! You are awesome!!!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP