The David Duel

>> Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Idol

I'm loving the "Rocky" theme to American Idol. Who do you think is going to get a TKO?

David Cook- Roung 1:Crowd pleaser for sure. He is cool and confident. He isn't showing his nerves at all, which must be silly hard. U2's "Still haven't found what I'm looking for" was the song that Clive Davis picked for him and it was right on. His voice was perfect and the rocker in me loves him. Round 2: I love David Cook with his guitar. I have a faint heart for a guy with a guitar, always have. That being said, I think he did ok. I liked round one a little better, but loving the guitar and leather, messy hair, rockin' style. Round 3: "The world I know" by Collective Soul. I own this CD and I will be the first to admit that I like David Cook's version a tad better. Maybe its the aucostic guitar and the tears at the end.....HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
David A- Round 1: Such a shy little guy. He looked uncomfortable from the start. I thought he was going to pee his pants when Randy said this is a duel for the King. Elton John's "Don't let the sun go down on me" was a typical song choice for him and of corse he sang it good. The boy can sing! On another note, He really likes to stare into the camera and squint his eyes (though I didn't notice a lot of lip licking). When the judges were speaking to him, I thought his nerves were going to break the levy and he would start bawling. Round 2 should be very interesting..Round 2: "In this moment"- Gee, is it any surprise that David A. would be singing a ballad? And one that has some kind of deeper meaning? I wasn't a bit surprised! I do have to admit, that I really liked this performance. I haven't heard this song before and I like it. I even liked David A's voice singing it. He can blast!!! So my round 2 choice is David A. Come on'- you know he did a good job too! Round 3: "Imagine" John Lennon; again.....another song that has a deep meaning and a slow ballad that makes his voice sound outstanding. I'm so impressed with DA's soft, soothing voice and these slow songs that he sings are fantastic.

So, in my opinion, who got the TKO for the night.....David Archuletta for sure! As much as it pains me to say so, I think that David A will be the winner of American Idol.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Karen May 21, 2008 at 5:54 AM  

The very first judge comment from the evening comes from Randy, who says "best performance of 2007?" Dude, it's 2008. However, I agree that ALL the performances from this year were better than ANY from the snooze-fest that was last season. All-in-all, I think DA has it too. Won't all those screamers in the front be so happy. GAG!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP