An Apple a day....

>> Monday, September 22, 2008


Today marks the first day of fall. In my great state of Michigan, we celebrate fall with a trip to the many wonderful orchards that are abundant here. So off we traveled to our local orchard. The boys love heading to the orchard. We go there for blueberries, peaches, apples and pumpkins (though this year we can go to our garden for our pumpkins). We found some songs to sing about apples that have been sung all day, every day since our trip. Teach the songs to your little ones and mark your calendars for an Orchard trip.

(Tune: Twinkle, Twinkle, little star)
Apple, Apple way up high
I can reach you if I try
Climb a ladder
Hold on tight
Pick you quickly
take a bite
Apple, Apple way up high
I can reach you if I try

(Tune: Have you ever seen a...)
Have you ever seen an Apple, and Apple, an Apple
Have you ever seen an Apple, that grows on a tree
A red one, a yellow one, a sweet one, a sour one
Have you ever seen an Apple that grows on a tree



(Tune: This Old Man)
Way up high, in a tree (raise hands over head)
Two red apples smiled at me (make a smiley face with fingers)
So I shook the tree as hard as I could (pretend to shake a tree)
Down came the apples, mmmmmm.....they were good (rub tummy)


1 comments:

CMP September 23, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

oooh i can't wait to take the kids to the apple orchard this year! i'll definitely teach those songs to luci. she loves to sing!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP