What Works for me Wednesday!

>> Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When you combine two toddlers that are extremly independent and lunch time, what do you get? Tray Lunches!!!! I can't take full credit for this idea as I found it in a book a lloonngg time ago, but I have been doing this for a while and the boys absolutely love it. Mommy loves it too. Just use any kind of cupcake pan you have in your cabinet. The boys think its so great to have their food in little "cups" and feel so grown up when they can make their own food any way they like it. J & Z are not in the slightest picky about food, but if your little one is particular about what they eat, this would be a great way to introduce new and exciting food to their palates. I have done pizza trays, with torn up pita bread, sauce, cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, etc and have done rainbow trays with as many colors of food that I could come up with. What I put in the trays today was simple: Soy butter, blueberry jam, cream cheese, grapes, cheese, salami, raisens, and celery. I used a cookie cutter to cut out the star shapes on the bread but you could do any shape or even coordinate the shape with what you are learning about that week/day. (Note: I did the star shape because we have been talking about the meteor showers the past couple days). It was a fun learning tool too, to count the number of grapes or goldfish and name the different fruits or veggies or talk about colors. The possibilities are endless. Try it out tomorrow! You will enjoy it as much as the kiddos will!

J using full concentration on his sandwich
Z happy about making his favorite sandwich (soy butter piled high with raisens)

4 comments:

Kirstynn Evans August 14, 2008 at 4:22 AM  

What a cute idea. I love it! Thanks for you blog. I need to tell you more, but I LOVE it, and everything you guys are up to! You have linked me to some of my favorite blogs!!!

Olson Family August 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Great Idea. Avery is the pickest eater, to the point that I leave her breakfast and lunch on the table longer than I should in hopes that she will go back for more bites. I am definately trying this. Have a great day.

Jean Smith August 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

hey!!! i just wanted to stop in and say hi!!! WOW...i am DYING at how big your boys are getting...of course they are totally darling! loved reading through your blog and seeing what you have been up to...

Leah August 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

awesome idea! I am totally stealing that from you and trying it with my kids. Though I don't know if my ocd can handle it LMAO!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP