Super cool cookies

>> Monday, July 21, 2008

Every now and again, I stumble upon a blog that I love. There are a few that I read daily. One of them being this one: hhtp://www.littlemommaandcompany.blogspot.com/. This girl is my new buddy from Texas! I laugh at the pictures, and adore the similarities of her little boys to mine. I also can't help but love the recipes and fun crafts she does too. So- that being said, I stole her cookie recipe (sorry girl, but it looked sooo cool) and the boys and I tried it out today. All I have to say is "LOVIN' IT"!!! The boys always help me in the kitchen, but today was esepcially fun since they were able to really help me squish the balls of dough together and make snakes (since that is what they do with playdough). How appropriate that Little Momma calls this recipe "Playdough cookies" but I refer to them as "Tye-Dye cookies" or as the boys like to call them "Superman Cookies" (since they sort of look like superman ice-cream). You can call them anything you like, but they are super fun to make and super yummy. Maybe they should be called "Superman Cookies"?! Thanks Emily for sharing your fun world with me and reminding that I'm not alone in the world with a house full of boys.



Playdough Cookies (AKA: Superman Cookies)

3/4 C butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
2 and 3/4 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
assorted food coloring (gel or paste works best)





1. In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.


2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms. Divide dough into Fourths. Tint each with a different food coloring. Wrap in plastic and chill for two hours. (I stuck it in the freezer for 15 minutes because I hate to wait!)


3. Preheat oven to 350. Shape colors into 3/4 inch balls. For each cookie place one pink/red, one orange/yellow, one green, and one blue ball together and roll to make one giant ball. Roll into a 12 inch long snake, and then starting at one end coil roll to make a cookie. Place cookies 2 to 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet to allow for spreading.


4. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.Enjoy!


Dough after color was added

Once chilled, roll into little balls like this, then roll this into a bigger ball

Ready for the oven

Yummy sucess ready to be gobbled up!

3 comments:

Leah July 22, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Those look SWEET!!! We are going to need to try it. I'll have to revise the recipe for Bella, but I think they make dairy free creamcheese stuff (BLECH) <---but maybe in things it would taste better ???

Karen July 23, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Wow! Those turned out so great! I bet the boys loved munching on those...not to mention mom! Great job BFF!!

Emily July 23, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

Here's to another girl who lives in a house full of testosterone. ;)

Glad you loved them! Swipe my ideas! That's why I post them!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP