What works for me Wednesday!

>> Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The boys will be celebrating Valentines day tomorrow at their preschool. They are especially excited. They have so many little buddies. Of corse, in my typical fashion, I spent all day preparing cards and treats for tomorrow's festivities. The treats I made are goodies I've made before for special events and I had to share. You will love them too!
Diviniy Popcorn
1 package of white candy coating
2 bags microwave popcorn
-Pop popcorn and pour into a large bowl, melt candy coating and pour over popcorn, stir and enjoy! (*note: I tripled the recipe here to feed 2 classrooms of preschoolers)


Truffels for the Teachers
3/4 cup heavy whippingcream
1 package chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla (or any flavoring extract)
Nuts, sprinkles, powered sugar to roll truffels in
-In a saucepan, heat the whipping cream to boiling. Turn heat down and slowly add the chips and stir until completly melted. Add the vanilla/flavoring and stir. Slowly pour into an ungreased 9x13 pan and stick in the freezer for a few hours. Pull out when solid and scoop out mixture and form into a ball. Then roll in whatever you want. So yummy. Melts in your mouth!



Handmade Valentines
I pulled out my trusty sucker molds and went to town. I made little flower pots out of card stock and put sayings on the card like "We are buds" or "Our friendship is growing". Then I stuck the sucker in the back of the card. Cute if I say so myself-ha! Jonas is really enjoying writing his name. He writes it all the time. Since he wanted to sign his name to the cards, I had to make dots for him (so he would write smaller) but he did a great job. My baby is growing up.


So I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and are getting ready for the big LOVE day. Maybe you will try one of the treats above. You won't be disapointed!

3 comments:

Karen February 12, 2009 at 3:26 AM  

You continue to amaze me with your creativity! Those Valentine's Day cards are so much cuter than what you can buy in the store....and the truffles...can I be a teacher, please?? Great to see pics of the boys. Miss you all!!

Justine February 12, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

Holy cow, you are so creative. I wouldn't think of that in a million years!

Have a fun day!

Sisters staying connected... February 26, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Are you serious? I am jealous. Poor Ky has a lame un-creative mom who had him take Pokemon pre-made Valentines to school...yikes :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP