New Year, New Choices, New Mojo

>> Friday, January 2, 2009

As I rang in the new year on my couch watching a very old Dick Clark count down to midnight, I was contemplating 2009 and what this new year has to bring me. I then turned my focus. I remember sitting at a motivation conference once where the speaker said "Choose your attitude". This made me realize that 2009 won't bring me anything, its what I will bring to 2009. What will I do this year to make me live lighter? Lighter in my step, lighter in my mind, lighter in my wallet. What will I accomplish to make my health goals, my "green" goals, my overall personal goals? What will I do to further my children and their passions and their education? The answers to these questions are endless and bursting with words of expression (hence too deep for this little ol' blog of mine), but I will make 2009 a fantastic year!

I'm addicted to quotes and on New Years day I go digging through all my quote books that I love and find a quote to stick on my mirror, my whiteboard, and my fridge that motivates me. I like to read words that touch my soul and seem to add fuel to my inner fire. So, to kick off this year full of ideas and promises, here is my mantra or as I like to say my "mojo".....

"Promise yourself today to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind, to make friends feel there is something in them. Look on the sunny side of everything and make your dreams come true. To think the best, to forget the mistakes of the past, and press on to greater things. To give so much time to improving yourself that you don't have time to criticize others. Be too large for worries, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, too happy to permit the presence of trouble. To think well of yourself and to proclaim this force to the world, not in loud words, but in great works." ~Christian D. Larson

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography January 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Hi I just wanted to let you know that I decided to extend the 50% off offer to 6 people and you just so happen to be the 6th person! The reason that I am contacting you via your blog is because I have issues getting emails to people with yahoo accounts. I'm still going to make the attempt to forward you my price list...but if you do not get it....actually even if you do get it...would you please let me know a.s.a.p. Please feel free to contact me by phone too as I feel this may be a better way of communication for us. So congratulations on your 50% off session and I look forward to talking with you.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP