Better than......

>> Monday, January 19, 2009


Well....these cookies are just about better than anything! I would have pictures but the cookies didn't last long enough. They really are that good! I will never make plain jane chocolate chip cookies again. I bet you don't either.

2 Pkg. Bakers Semi-sweetg Baking Chocolate
3/4 Cup Firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 stick of butter (slighly softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup flour (3/4 Cups if not adding the nuts)
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Cups Walnuts (optional and you know I didn't add them)

Preheat over to 350, Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg.) of the Bakers chocolate an set aside. Microwave remaining 8 squares (other pkg.) in a large microwave bowl on high for 2 minutes~stiring after 1 minute. Stir until completely melted. THen add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir until blended. Then add flour and baking powder, mix well (note: I did all the mixing with a wooden spoon- no need to break out the heavy mixer at all- another reason I love this recipe). Then add the chopped chocolate (and walnuts). **Note: If not adding the walnuts, up the flour to 3/4 cup

Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. The dough will be very wet, but don't worry.

Bake for 12/13 minutes or untl the cookies are puffed and shiny. Cool for a minute on the sheet then move the cookies to wire racks. Again, the cookies will seem gooey and not done, but they will set up. Cool completely and enjoy the best cookie to ever touch your mouth!!!!

2 comments:

The Fournier Family January 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I have been told that I have the best Chocolate Chip cookies.I am going to try these. I love cookies, and now I am craving them.

Olson Family January 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Hey Tirzah, the last message was from me, I was logged into heathers Blog. SORRY

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP