AI rant!!!!

>> Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol Pictures, Images and Photos


Just a little post on my thoughts about American Idol. I've kept quiet these past few weeks about one of my favorite reality shows mostly because I've not been impressed. Tonight tipped the boat for me. Actually pissed me off.

First of all- you all know that I'm a lover of the classics. I remember jamming to Steppenwolf while driving around forgotten country roads in my youth. I remember my hair blowing in the summer wind and my hand out the wind making waves in the rushing air. Steppenwolf is one of those magical bands that whenever I hear a song, it brings back memories of freedom and flying. Songs that instantly make me smile.

This is why I threw up in my mouth a little when I heard Adam's remake of probably the greatest song ever recorded by one of the greatest classic bands of all time. First he slaughtered a Johnny Cash song (which was so wrong) and now this......he has lost my vote all together.

I'm sorry Adam! You have great style and usually a great voice and cool song choices but why do you constantly screw up the good stuff? You should know better than to mess with the classics. You are not that good!!! But Danny Gokey.....you are that good! Thanks for being at least one consistent great artist.

2 comments:

Leah April 14, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

Sorry I loved Adam's performance tonight. He and Alison were my two faves.

I think the bottom three will be:

Matt
Kris
Lil

Lil going home.

Q'Ville April 19, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

RANT ON, Girl. I feel your pain.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP