What Works for me Wednesday!

>> Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Am I over doing it? Probably so....but I don't care. To begin....upon moving, one of the first things I did was enroll the boys in a co-op montessori based preschool in our local town. It has been wonderful! The boys need the social and learning time while mommy needs the 2 1/2 hours of free time. They focus on a letter a week. Reading and writing skills, nature, animals and music and movement. Right up my alley. Since its a co-op, I am responsible to work in either of their classes about once every other month. Friday is Zaidens birthday, so I'm working in his class tomorrow. The parent helper, as us co-op moms are called, is in charge of snack and if its your childs birthday, you can bring in a treat. So in Tirzah fashion, I wanted to make something homemade and different. I didn't want cupcakes (too typical and too messy for a class of 3 year olds who would just eat the frosting) and I wanted something semi-healthy but yet yummy for a preschooler. I was browsing the food blogs- like usual- and found this great recipe. I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin related and this had me drooling. Check out this blog: http://pinchmysalt.com/2007/10/18/pumpkin-spice-scone-recipe/




This is what all the little three year olds are getting tomorrow for Zaidens birthday treat. Along with Masa crackers, Cut up pears and cheese. I also made some pumpkin spice playdough, wrapped it up pretty and tied on a leaf cookie cutter.



Am I over doing it? Probably yes......but it works for me.

Does it work for you?

Doesn't it make you want to be three tomorrow?

2 comments:

Pinch My Salt November 6, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

I hope they kids enjoy the scones! And what a cute idea to make pumpkin spice playdough! :-)

Karen November 6, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Okay, you are officially mommie of the year! I wish Emily and Dylan could be there to celebrate Z's birthday with you all. I know the kids will love the playdough. You are so creative! Love you!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP