For the love of Chai

>> Sunday, November 30, 2008


You all know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Chai tea. Besides good ole' water, its been my drink of choice for quite some time. Then you will not be surprised by the cartwheels I was doing when I found this recipe on a blog (http://electricbiscuitonline.blogspot.com/2008/02/deluxe-hot-chai-mix.html). Once this snow stops falling and the plows dig me out, I'm heading for the store to buy the ingredients. I can't wait! Oh, and don't be surprised if you get some for Christmas (Sarah, just act like you didn't know it was coming and it will make my holiday-ha).


All natural, healthy and soooo yummy! You will fall in love with Chai too!


2 cups caster sugar (vanilla sugar is best- if you can find it?!where can I find caster sugar?)

1 cup Typhoo QT instant white tea (See beneifits of herbal White Tea here: http://www.whiteteaguide.com/whiteteahealthbenefits.htm)

1 cup non dairy creamer

1 cup dried skimmed milk powder

1 cup Coffee Mate 'Latte Creations' creamer (original or vanilla)

4 teaspoons ground ginger

4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons ground cloves

2 teaspoons ground cardamom

2 teaspoons ground allspice

1 teaspoon white pepper


Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Process the mixture in a blender or food processor, 1 cup at a time, and store in airtight jars.To serve, put 2 tablespoons in a mug, top up with boiling water and wait a few minutes before drinking to allow the spices to settle at the bottom. Now drink up! Your life (and health) will never be the same again.

2 comments:

Karen December 1, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

I love Chai tea too! Remember when you and I got to share a day out and we shared some at the mall while we walked around. That was a great day! We are back. Can't wait to tell you all about our trip. Love ya!

Leah December 1, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

I wish I loved tea. I've tasted a billion of them and have never found one I liked.

I'm so boring. No wine, no beer, no tea. Now gimmie a slurpee and I am a happy gal!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP