Monday morning

>> Monday, October 20, 2008

If you give a mom a pumpkin spice donut (from Dunkin Donuts of corse),
She'll want a cup of hot cider to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.
Her three-year-old will spill the cider.
She'll wipe it up.
Wiping the floor, she'll find dirty socks.
She'll remember she needs the washer and dryer hooked up.
While trying to make it to the stairs to put the socks away
She'll trip over boxes and bump into the fridge.
Bumping into the fridge will remind her she has to plan for supper.
She will get out a pound of turkey from the freezer.
She'll look for her cookbooks.
The cookbook is in a box setting under a pile of mail.
Flipping through the mail reminds her that she needs to disconnect her cable and water and pay the remaining balance.
She will look for her wallet.
The wallet is in her purse that is being dumped out by her four-year-old in search of gum.
She'll smell something funny. She'll race the three-year-old to the potty (but not in time).
While she is changing the pullup, the phone will ring.
Her four-year-old will grab the phone and run.
As she's chasing the four-year-old, she'll remember she wants to phone a friend.
Thinking of the friend reminds her of wishing the friend was close enough to enjoy hot cider and Dunkin donuts together.
Thinking of cider will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
And chances are...her kids have eaten the donut that went with it,
so the mom will just have to settle for nothing.
Whats hot cider without a donut anyway?

......and that was just the first 30 minutes of my morning!


Apple cider Pictures, Images and Photos



dunkin' Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments:

Karen October 21, 2008 at 5:25 AM  

This one made me laugh and cry all at the same time. What a morning!! Love and miss you!

Olson Family October 21, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

That sounds all too familier. We got donuts from the pumpkin patch, (so good), too bad I only got the little piece left that was inside the bag. Oh well, atleast the kids were happy, right?

Leah October 21, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Oh man! What a morning!

April Kennedy October 25, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

OK...Can I just say "I LIKE you!" So far everything I've read could be me...I love samoas and thin mints, I love warm apple cider, and I miss dunkin donuts from when we lived on the East coast.

I'm adding you to my favorites....and I really hope you win the apron. I really do! If not, I should have some new ones with all new fabric made by middle of this week and on my etsy store!

OK...going to do random.org for the drawing. Good Luck!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP