Is there a Heaven for junk?

>> Thursday, October 30, 2008

You bet there is....and my 1950's washer and dryer that was bought for $100 at the begining of my marriage 9 YEARS ago has finally crossed over to that yard of junk in the sky. HOORAY!!!!!!!!

junk yard Pictures, Images and Photos


So if you rrreeeaaalllyyy know me, you know this has been a subject of contention, me and my washer and dryer. I've loathed them for so long. I tried to break them, prayed they would break but they just took a lickin and kept on tickin. But alas, they have made their last move. The move to my barn to make way for this only mine are in white.....



I was nervous this may come off as bragging, but a good friend just told me to brag away. When you are a SAHM, you only get your kids and appliances to brag over, so here you go....I'm bragging.

Old Washer Vs. LG Front Loader:

Front Loader:
Instead of moving water to the tub using an agitator, a front-loader uses gravity. It requires less water, holds larger loads and saves energy. LG's front-loading washer performs distinctively based on its powerful Direct Drive system, incredible loading capacity, and value-added technologies (like the freshen up cycle on the dryer, child lock out((thank goodness for this)) drying rack, steamer, detergent, softner saver, and get this....I can wash and dry up to 20 towels!!!!! brag, brag, bragging!)



Old Washer/Dryer:
(Approx. 5 shirts, 2 jeans and some socks in the washer) Turned the dial, pulled it out, it filled with water, spin cycle was so loud it sounded like a helicopter was landing in my laundry room, not to mention it shook the whole 2 story house, then it would come to a halt about an hour later and my wash would maybe we washed and ready for dryer. Put clothes in dryer, turn dial, flip switch and dryer would start spinning. Again, an hour later the squeak from the dryer would stop and the clothes would still be damp. Open the dryer door for about 15 minutes and let it cool down, and start process again.



So goodbye OLD, ANCIENT and sometimes faithful friend. You always started, kind of did your job and you've lasted way beyond your years and for that I am thankful. Rest in peace now and enjoy your stay in junkyard heaven!

4 comments:

Justine October 30, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

I love love love my LG front loaders. Happy washing!

Karen October 31, 2008 at 3:53 AM  

Oh happy day....I hear angels singing the alleluia chorus!! Love ya.

CMP November 3, 2008 at 5:44 AM  

ooooh, i'm so jealous! but happy for you. you deserve it. and i hope that's what people say when i finally get my new washer and dryer. whenever that may be......

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP