Thick Fog

>> Thursday, September 17, 2009

Its been almost 2 weeks into school and between fighting my eyes to open earlier and getting the boys ready, lunches packed, notes signed, doctor appointments and oh yeah......my other million things I have to do every day; my poor blog has suffered dearly. I have a thousand and one pictures to upload. A million more thoughts to share and hopefully I will get to all that in the days to come.

This week I have really been struggling to stay positive. Some personal issues have me sinking. Treading water with bricks tied to my ankles. We all have those weeks where we think that it can't possibly get any worse. In the midst of the negative fog that is floating motionless around me, I find solace in gratitude. I've started spending a few minutes each night writing down things I'm grateful for. Its difficult to do when the fog is so thick and hard to see through, but its helping break up the negativity. A whole week writing down a few things each night and I'm finally able to see a little clearer.

I will share some of my gratitude's in the days to come, but try it. Its amazing what focusing on things you are grateful for can do for your sight.

morning fog Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Leah September 30, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

If you need to chat, I'm here.

Angie Cheney October 1, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Don't know if this is where your idea came from, but it is SUCH a great talk: http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,89-1-775-24,00.html Hope God's kindnesses to you buoy you up!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP